Those of you in or near the Washington DC area still have time to capture the beauty of the district's famous Cherry Blossoms and submit to the annual National Cherry Blossom Festival's Photo contest.
Full details follow, but you have until April 9, 2011 to get your entry in.
Only 3 Days Left to Cherry Pick that Pic!
National Cherry Blossom Photo Contest Deadline – April 9
What: The National Cherry Blossom Photo Contest is coming to a close in just 3 days! The contest, which began on February 11, is still accepting entries in three categories: Landscape, People, and Festivities, taken during this year’s National Cherry Blossom Festival (March 26 – April 9), or taken within the previous two years.
Winners from each category will receive:
- 1st Place: $500 cash prize
- 2nd Place: A weekend stay at the Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
- 3rd Place: A Nikon Coolpix S3000, sponsored by Penn Camera
All finalist and winning images will gain the following exposure:
- Projected at FLASH in Crystal City on April 15, 2011
- Featured on FotoDC.org and NationalCherryBlossomFestival.org
- Shown in projection and/or exhibition form during the 2011 FotoWeek DC Festival, November 5-12, 2011
Where: To submit photos, please go to: http://cherryblossom.fotodc.org/
Who: Judges for this inaugural contest include:
- David Hicks, Washingtonian Photo Editor
- Kim Hubbard, Senior Photo Editor at National Geographic
- Jayme McLellan, Curator, Founder, and Director of Civilian Art Projects.
When:The deadline for entries will be 11:59 PM PDT, April 9