...$5,000 for School and $1,000 in gear to one graduating senior!
Published in Photography News
by Kevin L. Kitchens on November 24, 2009 12:34
Sigma Photo has announced they will be awarding a $5,000 scholarship and $1,000 in camera gear to an aspiring college-bound graduating senior. They must be pursuing a degree related to photography and the contest is open for entries now until February 15, 2010.
Sigma Corporation now accepting applications for student photography scholarship
High school seniors pursuing photo-related careers vie for $5,000 cash prize, $1000 in products
Ronkonkoma, NY, Nov. 19, 2009 – Sigma Corporation of America (www.sigmaphoto.com), a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world's most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for the company’s first-ever scholarship contest.
The Sigma Corporation of America Scholarship will award a cash gift of $5,000 and $1,000 in Sigma products to one talented high school senior to advance his or her education and goals toward obtaining a career in a photo-related field. Students pursuing higher education in industries such as photography, photojournalism, graphic arts and design, visual arts and art history are eligible to apply.
Applicants are invited to visit the Sigma Corporation of America Web site for more details and to complete an application form, which includes a brief essay and the submission of up to five thematically-tied photographs. The entire package will be judged based on creativity of subject selection, overall technique and, most importantly, image quality. Students are not required to use Sigma equipment to shoot the photographs they submit.
“This scholarship illustrates Sigma’s five decades of technological advancement and innovation in the industry, and our family-owned company’s desire to empower and support up-and-coming photographers,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, general manager of Sigma Corporation of America. “The scholarship winner will be selected based on his or her ability to deliver outstanding photographs with the superior caliber of image quality for which the Sigma brand has become known.”
Applications will be accepted from Nov. 19, 2009 to Feb. 15, 2010 and can be submitted via the Sigma Corporation of America Web site at http://www.sigmaphoto.com/scholarship/. Once the submission process closes, the public will be invited to vote online for the top three students of their choice from Feb. 16, 2010 to April 23, 2010. Sigma Corporation of America executives will select a winner from the top three public vote-getters and announce the scholarship recipient on May 3, 2010.
For information about the Sigma Corporation of America Scholarship, eligibility, the application process, material submissions and a formal list of contest rules, visit http://www.sigmaphoto.com/scholarship/.
For information on Sigma Corporation of America and its lenses, cameras and flashes, visit www.sigmaphoto.com.
- REMINDER: Win a Verbatim Store n Go USB 3.0 Drive! (June 24, 2011 10:14) Site Announcements and Updates
- National Cherry Blossom Photo Contest Deadline Nears (April 07, 2011 11:12) Photography News
- Second Annual Sigma Scholarship Contest (November 30, 2010 11:41) Photography News
- Sigma Scholarship Deadline Monday (February 11, 2010 11:15) Photography News
- You Too Could Win an "Oskar" (December 11, 2009 12:27) Photography News
- Invading the Falklands? Take Your Camera and Win (December 11, 2009 09:41) Photography News
- Eat, Drink and Take Photos (December 10, 2009 15:07) Photography News
- Sigma Upgrades 17-70mm Lens With Anti-Shake (December 04, 2009 11:37) Photography News
- Sigma Offers New 70-300mm OS Lens (September 15, 2009 11:36) Photography News
- Canon Opens Fourth Annual Photography in the Parks Contest (May 15, 2009 11:26) Photography News
- 2009 International Garden Photographer of the Year Crowned (May 06, 2009 12:55) Photography News
- Mountain Trail Photo's Wildflower Contest (April 14, 2009 08:32) Photography News
- Win a New Camera from the FONZ (January 07, 2009 16:06) Photography News
- Learn from John Fielder Contest (January 06, 2009 18:31) Photography News
- International Garden Photographer of the Year 2009 (January 06, 2009 18:25) Photography News
- Olympus offers three ways to win! (November 15, 2008 14:35) Photography News
- Tamron's new photo contest "Americana" (November 13, 2008 07:45) Photography News
Page generated in 00.0015 seconds.