...Open to teens and adults - entries due September 30, 2009
Published in Photography News
by Kevin L. Kitchens on May 15, 2009 11:26
Canon USA has opened their annual Photography in the Parks competition for submissions starting today. The fourth edition theme is "Inspirational Nature Images" and entries are accepted until September 30, 2009.
Two division, teens (ages 13-17) and adults (18+) are a new feature of this year's contest. Photos should be taken at any USA park or monument.
Read on for full details.
CANON U.S.A. PRESENTS ITS FOURTH ANNUAL
PHOTOGRAPHY IN THE PARKS PHOTO CONTEST FOR TEENS AND ADULTS
Canon Expands Photography in the Parks Photo Contest
With A Separate Category for Teen Photographers
LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., May 15, 2009 – As springtime rolls in, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging, is encouraging Americans to visit their national parks and photograph their beauty with its fourth annual Canon Photography In The Parks Photo Contest*. The contest invites photography enthusiasts, from May 15th to September 30th, 2009, to enter by submitting their “Inspirational Nature Images,” the theme for this year’s contest. Photos taken at any park or monument in America can be entered through the Canon Digital Learning Center Web site at: www.usa.canon.com/parks. New this year, Canon will have two contest divisions for photographers between the ages of 13 and 17, and a separate division for adults ages 18 and older. This will enhance the contest experience by allowing aspiring teen photographers to compete amongst their peers.
“Through our Photography in the Parks Photo Contest, we have seen a great number of awe-inspiring outdoor images submitted from around the country. It is during these beautiful spring and summer months that we all should take the time to go outside and enjoy all that nature has to offer,” stated Yuichi Ishizuka, senior vice president and general manager, Canon U.S.A. “As an environmentally conscious organization, we encourage everyone to enjoy the beauty of nature, and work to protect it.”
After entering their photos through the Canon Digital Learning Center, potential contest winners will have the opportunity to forward an e-postcard of their submitted images to friends and family as a fun way to share their photographs. Winning photographers from the Photography in the Parks Photo Contest will receive some of Canon’s hottest photographic equipment. Along with some of Canon’s hottest equipment, the Grand Prize winner will receive a trip to a National Park.
As part of Canon’s Parks Program, a team of photographers will be touring four National Parks from June through August. At each park, the Canon team will host free photography workshops and provide Canon’s top-of-the-line camera equipment for participants to use at no charge. Each class will teach various photography techniques and explore many of the camera functions as participants take a walking tour of the park. Visit www.usa.canon.com/parks for details and a schedule of workshops.
Online visitors and Web surfers are encouraged to browse the Canon Digital Learning Center and take advantage of the various educational resources that Canon has to offer for novices and advanced photographers alike. The Canon Digital Learning Center provides a schedule for a wide variety of Live Learning classes across the country with renowned photographers as well as online resources and tips. The site also features online tutorials for beginners and professionals to learn their way around a digital SLR camera and inkjet printer and unlock the full creative control of digital photography.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), a top patent holder of technology, ranked third overall in the U.S. in 2008†, with global revenues of US $45 billion, is listed as number seven in the computer industry on Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies 2008 list, and is on the 2008 BusinessWeek list of "Top 100 Brands." At Canon, we care because caring is essential to living together in harmony. Founded upon a corporate philosophy of Kyosei - - “all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future” - - Canon U.S.A. supports a number of social, youth, educational and other programs, including environmental and recycling initiatives. Additional information about these programs can be found at www.usa.canon.com/kyosei. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/RSS .
About Canon U.S.A.'s Environmental Programs and Alliances:
Canon U.S.A. protects future generations by helping to preserve nature’s most valuable resources through the support of a wide range of environmental education and conservation initiatives, including the Canon Envirothon, one of North America’s largest high school environmental education competitions; the PBS Nature series; and scientific research and educational programs at Yellowstone National Park. For more information, visit www.usa.canon.com/environment.
Keywords: canon contest
Last Updated by: on May 15, 2009 11:28
- REMINDER: Win a Verbatim Store n Go USB 3.0 Drive! (June 24, 2011 10:14) Site Announcements and Updates
- CanonFilmmakers.com Forced to Close by... Canon! (June 03, 2011 00:58) Photography News
- National Cherry Blossom Photo Contest Deadline Nears (April 07, 2011 11:12) Photography News
- Second Annual Sigma Scholarship Contest (November 30, 2010 11:41) Photography News
- Sigma Scholarship Deadline Monday (February 11, 2010 11:15) Photography News
- Canon Extends Their Wireless Transfer Coverage (January 09, 2010 00:00) Photography News
- You Too Could Win an "Oskar" (December 11, 2009 12:27) Photography News
- Invading the Falklands? Take Your Camera and Win (December 11, 2009 09:41) Photography News
- Eat, Drink and Take Photos (December 10, 2009 15:07) Photography News
- Canon 5200mm f14 Lens on Ebay (December 08, 2009 12:13) Photography News
- Sigma Offers Scholarship to an Aspiring College-Bound Photographer (November 24, 2009 12:34) Photography News
- Canon Shifts Their Angle on Image Stabilization (July 22, 2009 09:26) Photography News
- Canon Announces EOS Live Learning Program (May 12, 2009 09:14) Photography News
- 2009 International Garden Photographer of the Year Crowned (May 06, 2009 12:55) Photography News
- Mountain Trail Photo's Wildflower Contest (April 14, 2009 08:32) Photography News
- Win a New Camera from the FONZ (January 07, 2009 16:06) Photography News
- Learn from John Fielder Contest (January 06, 2009 18:31) Photography News
- International Garden Photographer of the Year 2009 (January 06, 2009 18:25) Photography News
- Olympus offers three ways to win! (November 15, 2008 14:35) Photography News
- Tamron's new photo contest "Americana" (November 13, 2008 07:45) Photography News
Page generated in 00.0000 seconds.