...Digital Anarchy's ToonIt! released - Special pricing through December
Published in Photography News
by Kevin L. Kitchens on December 09, 2008 10:31
Digital Anarchy, makers of plugins and filters for Photoshop, have released ToonIt!, a utility that converts your photos, still images, and video frames to a cartoon-like appearance.
ToonIt! retails for $159, but until December 31, 2008, it is being offered for $129 (USD). It runs in Photoshop 7.0 or higher, including CS4 64-bit.
Digital Anarchy Releases ToonIt! Photo Cartooning Software for Photographs & Still Images
Adobe Photoshop Plugin is Essential and Fun for Creating Believable Cartoons From Photographic Images
San Francisco, CA — December 9, 2008 — Digital Anarchy, a leading provider of cost-effective software for Adobe and Apple products, today announced the release of ToonIt! Photo 2.0 for Photoshop. ToonIt! reliably and easily creates cartoon-like images from photographs, freeing artists from time consuming techniques such as hand painting and masking. The filters use advanced algorithms from Toonamation Inc to create cartoon shading and outlines in Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.
ToonIt! analyzes photographs and then creates flat regions of color and outlines that produce a cel-shaded cartoon look. Photoshop users have a great deal of control that makes customizing the ‘toon’ effect easy with different paint/toon styles, shading and outlines. The Effects Palette adds various special effects like outlines, enhanced shadows, color effects, and halftone effects. The Style Creator has 12 different algorithms that can be used to create the underlying cartoon or painterly style. A Preset Manager and Preview Window give further options to control the appearance and behavior of the cartoon.
Jim Tierney, CEO of Digital Anarchy, said, “ToonIt! has been incredibly popular for video applications. The photographers and print designers who’ve seen it have asked us repeatedly when it will be available for Photoshop. We’re excited to finally release the product for still images because there’s no better way of creating cartoon images.”
One of the key features of ToonIt! is its ability to translate the details of the human face and form into a believable cartoon. People are typically most difficult to ‘toon’ because most people know what facial features and expressions should look like. ToonIt! is able to identify areas that should be shaded as one color and uses sophisticated edge detection to draw outlines. This creates very consistent, pleasing large features in the face and body while also retaining smaller details like hair and eyes. The filter allows photographers and designers to quickly create the effect on a wide variety of images without time consuming experimentation and masking.
Stan Schwartz, co-founder and President of Toonamation, said, “Since its initial release, ToonIt! has been well known for high quality cartoon effects. We've been working to extend its capabilities with a variety of new painted and graphic design effects that are equally visually compelling and that render just as cleanly as our originals. We're proud to offer to them you now, packaged together as Photoshop ToonIt!.”
This product release follows the popularity of ToonIt! Video 1.0, a cartooning plugin set for video applications like After Effects and Final Cut Pro. While ToonIt! Video was sold to another development company in August 2008, the successful partnership between Digital Anarchy and Toonamation will continue to bring new and interesting products to the photography and graphics market.
Great features in ToonIt! Photo 2.0 include:
- Beautiful Variety of Styles. Create a number of sophisticated looks including Flat Cartoon, Graphic Novel, Comic, and Pen & Ink using the 12 different algorithms and dozens of controls.
- Outlines Only: Unparalleled edge detection creates stunning effects that simulate drawings, etchings, brush painting, and woodcuts.
- No Hand Masking or Rotoscoping: Each toon effect is generated automatically. While there are customizable controls in the plugin, no manual work is needed to achieve desired results.
- Customizable Looks: With 50+ parameters available to adjust the plugin results, there are many possible approaches to get the best result for different types of imagery.
- 64-bit Support: Works with Windows Vista 64-bit (Vista x64) and Photoshop CS4 64-bit.
- Works In Most Photoshop Modes: Supports RGB, CMYK, and Grayscale in 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit.
Keywords: digital anarchy toonit photoshop digital darkroom
Last Updated by: on December 09, 2008 10:31
- Photoshop CS5 12.0.2 Update Available (December 07, 2010 12:25) Photography News
- Lightroom 3 Released (June 08, 2010 00:30) Photography News
- Zoner Photo Studio Free Edition Available (May 03, 2010 14:18) Photography News
- Good News from Imagenomic for CS5 Upgraders (May 01, 2010 00:14) Kitchens' Sink
- Photoshop CS5 Formally Announced (April 12, 2010 00:30) Photography News
- New Photoshop CS5 Content Aware Fill (March 30, 2010 00:27) Photography News
- Daily Photo Editing Webinars from Nik Software (January 06, 2010 12:36) Photography News
- Nik Releases Viveza 2 Plugin for Photoshop, Lightroom, and Aperture (January 06, 2010 10:01) Photography News
- Topaz ReMask 2 Released (November 24, 2009 12:26) Photography News
- Perfectly Clear Updated to 1.0.3 (November 24, 2009 12:07) Photography News
- Adobe Lightroom 3 BETA available (October 29, 2009 10:39) Photography News
- Camera Raw and Lightroom Updates from Adobe (September 15, 2009 08:55) Photography News
- Digital Anarchy July Tidbits (July 27, 2009 09:21) Photography News
- Corel Sale on Photo Editing Software (July 27, 2009 08:03) Photography News
- Kelby Training Annual Subscription Offer (July 21, 2009 12:06) Photography News
- Photomatix Pro v3.2 Released By HDRSoft (July 14, 2009 13:23) Photography News
- Lightroom and Camera Raw Updated (June 24, 2009 11:25) Photography News
- Portrait Professional Studio 9 Released (June 02, 2009 14:04) Photography News
- ACDSee Pro 3 Public Beta Period Begins (May 27, 2009 10:21) Photography News
- DxO Optics Pro Passes 1,200 Optical Corrections (May 15, 2009 14:05) Photography News
- Lightroom/Camera Raw updates (March 03, 2009 08:21) Photography News
- Adobe Updates Photoshop CS4 (February 25, 2009 09:18) Photography News
- Corel Painter 11 Preview (February 24, 2009 13:41) Photography News
- Applying New Skills to Older Photos (January 09, 2009 10:57) Kitchens' Sink
- Dfx v2 Digital Filter Software Announced (December 16, 2008 15:26) Photography News
- SALE: Alien Skin Software 20% Off (December 13, 2008 09:51) Photography News
- Portraiture 2 Released (December 10, 2008 12:35) Photography News
- DxO FilmPack v2 Released (December 02, 2008 09:44) Photography News
- Camera Raw and DNG Converter Updates (November 25, 2008 06:07) Photography News
- HDRSoft releases Photomatix Pro 3.1 Upgrade (November 14, 2008 17:44) Photography News
- Adobe offers free shipping and CS4 trial versions (November 14, 2008 17:37) Photography News
- "Knoll Light Factory" goes 64-bit (November 13, 2008 09:45) Photography News
- Thank You Michael Orton (January 18, 2007 16:35) Kitchens' Sink
- Annoying PSP Photo Bug (November 14, 2006 11:23) Kitchens' Sink
Page generated in 00.0003 seconds.